Greek Athlete banned for Olympics because of Posting Racist Tweet on Twitter


A Greek Athlete by the name "Voula Papachristou" has been banned from the Olympics. This is  because she has tweeted a racist tweet from her twitter account. The tasteless rude tweet has now been deleted but here's a screenshot of how her tweet looked like. 




The Tweet reads,


"Με τόσους πολλούς Αφρικανούς στην Ελλάδα ... τουλάχιστον τα κουνούπια από τα δυτικά του Νείλου τρώνε τοπικά τρόφιμα", in Greek language.




 And for People who are eager to know the translation in English, here it is:




"With so many Africans in Greece... at least the mosquitoes from the west Nile are eating local food!!!"



As you can see, this statement is hard to even comment on. Here’s her apology:

 I would like to express my heartfelt apologies for the unfortunate and tasteless joke I published on my personal Twitter account. I am very sorry and ashamed for the negative responses I triggered, since I never wanted to offend anyone, or to encroach human rights. 


My dream is connected to the Olympic Games and I could not possibly participate if I did not respect their values. Therefore, I could never believe in discrimination between human beings and races. 


I would like to apologize to all my friends and fellow athletes, who I may have insulted or shamed, the National Team, as well as the people and companies who support my athletic career. Finally, I would like to apologize to my coach and my family. See the tweet at: tl.gd/ih3mcp


This tasteless joke turned bad for her when the Greek Olympic association decided to expel her from the Participating team. She has also lost one big opportunity to mark her name in the  History. She absolutely broke may Greek hearts and also has disrespected the Olympic values.


What do you think guys? Post your thoughts in the Comments.
You have read this article Social Media / Updates with the title Greek Athlete banned for Olympics because of Posting Racist Tweet on Twitter. You can bookmark this page URL http://angryblackmf.blogspot.com/2012/07/greek-athlete-banned-for-olympics.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Greek Athlete banned for Olympics because of Posting Racist Tweet on Twitter"

Post a Comment